Timothy has a wealth of experience in working with choral groups, of all ages, in festival and workshop scenarios. Participants regularly express their enjoyment at working with Timothy due to his appropriate and achievable selection of repertoire, engaging and effective rehearsal technique and successful performance outcomes.
When it comes to music education workshops, Timothy draws on his many years as a classroom music teacher and composer and his extensive training in Kodály methodology to enthuse and inspire.
A skilled and charismatic presenter, Timothy provides a stimulating and rewarding workshop experience for all choral musicians, adeptly catering to their skill level and experience.
Recent workshop appearances have included:
- Kenmore SHS choral workshop, February 2021
- James Nash SHS, Gympie, choral workshop, February 2021
- Queensland Conservatorium State Honours Ensemble Program (Secondary), Rockhampton, March 2021
- All Hallows’ School music extension composition workshops, March 2021
- Warrigal Road SS choral workshop, March 2021
- Toowoombells handbell workshop, Toowoomba, March 2021
- Education Queensland Northside Junior Strings Workshop choral facilitator, May 2021
- Queensland Conservatorium State Honours Ensemble Program (Middle School), Brisbane, May 2021
- Queensland Conservatorium State Honours Ensemble Program (Middle School), Bundaberg, July 2021
- Queensland Conservatorium Australian Honours Ensemble Program (Secondary), Brisbane, September 2021
- Brisbane Grammar School Year 8 Signature Program composition workshop, Brisbane, October 2021
- Queensland Conservatorium State Honours Ensemble Program (Middle School), Cairns, October 2021
- Education Queensland Northside Honours Music Workshop choral facilitator, Brisbane, October 2021
- All Hallows’ School Handbell Workshop, November 2021
“I just wanted to send you a quick email to say how absolutely delighted we all were with last Friday’s Choral Spectacular. Your work with the primary schools and your encouragement of the older boys was just fantastic. They really enjoyed your ideas, your enthusiasm and your great delivery! This was some of the best work I have heard the participating schools present, so congratulations! Hope we can have you join us again.”
“I am the principal of … State School. Last week 5 of my students performed in the 2015 Choral Honours Programme. I had the pleasure of attending the performance on Thursday evening. I would like to thank you for your enthusiasm and your obvious love of music and choral performance. You brought the children to life and gave them great joy. For the audience, your pieces were amazing. Music should be a very important part of every person’s life, and with you as their teacher, no one would miss out on developing that love. Thank you once again.”
“Our school has asked Tim Sherlock to deliver composition workshops for our students now for several years. Each time, he delivers outstanding workshops tailored to accommodate the needs of the students. They love him (and so do we!). As a result he is able to unleash their creative potential to write beautiful, skilful, musical compositions under his tutelage. Tim infects all he meets with his enormous energy, enthusiasm and love of music, and as result, the student’s work is outstanding. Additionally, we have commissioned several choral and handbell pieces from him. What impresses me most is how he communicates with us every step of the way, to create pieces that are achievable for our students, but which are some of the most beautiful music you will ever hear. He is an extremely talented musician, teacher, composer and conductor – and we are very lucky to have access to someone of his calibre.““I can’t thank you enough for providing the students such an amazing weekend. They can’t stop talking about it! It was also such a privilege to watch you work. You have inspired us all with your depth of musicianship, your energy, your generosity and downright brilliance.We feel very fortunate. Thank you for sharing your music with us :)”
Contact Timothy to discuss his availability or repertoire for your music education, composition or choral workshops.